POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives : Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 21 Apr 2009 12:02:16
Message: <49edee08$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> - Package 1 only allows you to access item A.
>> - Package 2 only allows you to access item B.
>> - Package 3 only allows you to access item C.
>> - Package 4 only allows you to access items A and B.
>> - Package 5 allows you to access items A, B and D, but not C.
>>
>> Of course, these are stupid, stupid choices, but hey, it'll allow ISPs
>> to charge you way more money for exactly the same thing, which can
>> only be good, right? (For the ISPs, that is.)
>
> That will only happen if all ISPs work together to fix the prices, which
> is strictly illegal under EU law.  And even if it did happen, there

	I suspect it's illegal only if they collude.

	Don't _expect_ that the market will always fix this naturally. Take
text messaging on cell phones. It is *ridiculously* expensive. Yet no
mainstream provider (at least in the US) has decided to compete by
reducing prices. Does this mean they're colluding? No.

--
"The security of the Enterprise is of Paramount importance.

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl