POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : No-win situation? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 05:14:45 EDT (-0400)
  No-win situation? (Message 14 to 23 of 23)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: No-win situation?
Date: 21 Mar 2009 12:27:53
Message: <49c51589@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Tim Cook wrote:
> > Basically, it grudgingly admits that IE8 is a little bit better in a
> > particular aspect, then dismissing it as irrelevant, where with any
> > other browser, any speed increase would be trumpeted as the greatest
> > thing since sliced breat (especially if it were for a Mac).

> Now you know how Amiga users feel.  When and where the Amiga did things
> better or faster, it somehow wasn't important... until the Wintel
> platform caught up.

  I *honestly* think the speed issue *is* mostly irrelevant in this case.

  As I already commented, safety, stability and implementation of standards
vastly overwhelm it in importance. IE has a sad history in this area, and
it's not going to redeem itself overnight. Especially not with something
as irrelevant as being some fractions faster.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message