POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : No-win situation? : Re: No-win situation? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:14:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No-win situation?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 21 Mar 2009 19:22:24
Message: <49c576b0@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Chambers wrote:
>> IE8 trying to claim superiority because it's faster than the competition
>
> IE8 is a browser. It doesn't claim anything. It's the washington post
> making claims.

Another article on this said, "Rather than optimizing script execution,
which is now used a lot of sites, like Chrome and Firefox, Microsoft
picked out the top 20 sites on the web, then 'optimized' their browser
to show those pages faster." This of course means they might be
optimizing it to show IE friendly pages, that use really crappy code,
better (instead of IE hating pages with really good coding, but since I
have no idea which pages where used, I couldn't say one way or the
other), but... since when have they cared what was on the pages, as long
as their browser worked better with the "major" ones, even if it was an
accident of those pages being written for the browser in the first place. :p

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {