POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : No-win situation? : Re: No-win situation? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No-win situation?
From: scott
Date: 23 Mar 2009 03:23:20
Message: <49c738e8$1@news.povray.org>
> "Blarrrrrgh, MS sucks!  IE sucks and all improvements are just playing
> catch-up to other browsers!"
> "Uh, IE8 loads pages faster than Firefox."
> "It doesn't matter, it's not *that* much faster, and besides, everyone has
> broadband now so nobody cares!  Rewrrrrr."

I don't understand why or how a web browser could significantly add any time
to how long it takes to show a web page.  Surely, 99% of the time is spend
waiting for the content, and 1% spent arranging the page and rendering it?
If pages loaded with FF repeatedly take 0.5 seconds longer to load than IE8,
then it seems like there are some serious bottlenecks in the FF engine...