POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Epic (and expensive) failure Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Epic (and expensive) failure (Message 1 to 10 of 68)
From: Invisible
Subject: Epic (and expensive) failure
Date: 11 Mar 2009 05:54:25
Message: <49b78a51$1@news.povray.org>
OK, so a few of you may vaguely remember that last year I got dragged
out shopping and bought a few pairs of jeans.

Well, today I made a discovery. I own 9 pairs of jeans, and *none* of
them fit any more. Despite them all being less than a year old. Most of
them have only been worn twice or so.

...and that's when it hits you: YOU'RE A FAT ****ER!! o_O

I am seriously alarmed at this turn of events. My diet hasn't changed.
My lifestyle hasn't changed. But my waistline has suddenly started
rapidly expanding.

Quite apart from now having several hundred pounds worth of clothing
that I can't wear any more, I'm currently morning the loss of my youth
and dutifully trying not to sink into a massive dispaire spiral. :-/

(This probably isn't helped by one of the younger NERV clan members
recently embarking on a search for a house to buy with his girlfriend.
Oh, and last night, she became his fiance.)

Post a reply to this message

> Well, today I made a discovery. I own 9 pairs of jeans,

NINE!  I am continually pestered by my gf for not owning enough clothes, I
think I have 2 pairs of jeans :-)

> I am seriously alarmed at this turn of events. My diet hasn't changed. My
> lifestyle hasn't changed. But my waistline has suddenly started rapidly
> expanding.

Your age has changed, that's the main thing.  At some point you will no
longer be able to eat whatever you want without exercising enough.  Now you
have to choose, either eat less or exercise more :-)

Post a reply to this message

>> Well, today I made a discovery. I own 9 pairs of jeans,
>
> NINE!  I am continually pestered by my gf for not owning enough clothes,
> I think I have 2 pairs of jeans :-)

Well, I don't wear jeans very often. So I decided to get some more. And
now none of them fit! :-/

>> I am seriously alarmed at this turn of events. My diet hasn't changed.
>> My lifestyle hasn't changed. But my waistline has suddenly started
>> rapidly expanding.
>
> Your age has changed, that's the main thing.

It's finally happened. I'm old. :'(

> At some point you will no
> longer be able to eat whatever you want without exercising enough.  Now
> you have to choose, either eat less or exercise more :-)

Right now, I thinking maybe if I never eat food ever again, I might be
able to fit into these jeans...

...but then I think "well, wouldn't I be more likely to keel over and
die rather than lose weight?" I mean, AFAIK, it's impossible to lose
weight, you can only gain it.

And then I start thinking really crazy things like "well, maybe if I
spend 3 hours a day running round the block..." But that's not going to
help either.

I guess I'm just really upset that I'm an old man now...

Post a reply to this message

> Quite apart from now having several hundred pounds worth of clothing
> that I can't wear any more, I'm currently morning the loss of my youth
> and dutifully trying not to sink into a massive dispaire spiral. :-/

Oh good god. I'm older than you are. I just had my 33rd birthday, And I
think I stopped caring. (about my age)

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message