POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My toy Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  My toy (Message 16 to 25 of 85)
From: scott
Subject: Re: My toy
Date: 3 Mar 2009 05:54:16
Message: <49ad0c58@news.povray.org>
> I'd almost consider trying to track down some software like this - if it
> wasn't for the fact that I keep hearing that it costs a fortune and
> crashes routinely...

There used to be a really good free version of Pro/Engineer called
Pro/Desktop, but unfortunately they stopped supporting it and I think you
needed to get some registration key before it would work on your machine.
Shame, because it was really nice and there really is no other decent free
CAD software out there, and as you pointed out the commerical software is
really expensive so not really suitable for home tinkering.

Post a reply to this message