POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mr. _____ is dead! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  Mr. _____ is dead! (Message 21 to 30 of 48)
From: Mike Hough
Subject: Re: Mr. _____ is dead!
Date: 27 Feb 2009 14:03:14
Message: <49a838f2$1@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.49a824c487ba12098d0daedf0@news.povray.org...
>> John VanSickle wrote:
>> > "Dude, I'm having sex right now!  Call back some other time!"
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh4EPcOpSy8
>
> Check out this one:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1waHJhb2wxo

Nice one.

Hope no one is offended by the language, but if you've never seen Bill Hicks
(RIP) talk about marketing it is worth a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVZo1Jjfshw

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 27 Feb 2009 15:16:04
Message: <49a84a04$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:16:46 -0600, Mike Raiford wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 19:49:58 -0500, Mike Hough wrote:
>>
>>> I have done that before but I read somewhere that some places pay
>>> their telemarketers more if they keep people on the line longer. Plus
>>> it could cost me money if it is during the day because I have limited
>>> minutes on my cell phone.
>>
>> I believe in the US at least it's not legal for telemarketers to call
>> mobile phones....
>>

> Might no be legal, but that doesn't prevent them from doing it.
> Especially when their name is "Warranty Services" and their phone number
> reads 89989988999888 on the caller ID.

True enough, I get enough calls at home from people who violate the DNC
list already to know that just because it's illegal doesn't mean people
don't do it.

Caller ID spoofing is also illegal, IIRC, but that doesn't stop them -
they gotta be caught.

Jim

Post a reply to this message