POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mr. _____ is dead! : Re: Mr. _____ is dead! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mr. _____ is dead!
From: Chambers
Date: 27 Feb 2009 22:30:50
Message: <49a8afea$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/27/2009 12:16 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> True enough, I get enough calls at home from people who violate the DNC
> list already to know that just because it's illegal doesn't mean people
> don't do it.

Most likely, they aren't actually violating the DNC list.  They're only
required to scrub against it every 3 months; they can add a number, call
it for three months, and then check the list.

I actually sympathize with the telemarketers.  It's a tough job that
everyone hates, but there are a lot of good people who really aren't
trying to rip you off.  The least you could do is be courteous with them.

(Now, the ones who repeatedly call you, constantly interrupt you, and
try to steamroll you into something, I hate - they give the rest of them
a bad name, and deserve all the pranks that get played on them.)

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com