POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Playing Crysis Server Time
9 Oct 2024 19:16:28 EDT (-0400)
  Playing Crysis (Message 62 to 71 of 101)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: Playing Crysis
Date: 8 Feb 2009 23:53:19
Message: <498fb6bf$1@news.povray.org>
Just played for 2 1/2 hours, and no crashes.  The first 45 minutes, I
was playing with it in a window, and noting the GPU temperature & fan
speed every 30 seconds or so.

Since nothing happened, I went back to fullscreen, and I haven't had any
problems since.  Weird, but at least it's playable.

And damn fine fun :)

BTW, I haven't had any problems at all with the cloak.  Lie prone, and
you can sneak a good 50 yards on a single charge.  What's really fun is
to lie prone & cloak, snipe some KPA, then sneak off ten paces and wait
for his buddies to see what the problem is.  They don't have any idea
where you are, and as long as you don't move the cloak lasts ages,
meaning you can wait until they start to wander off and then pick off
some poor lonely sap, starting it all over again :)

--
...Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message