POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Playing Crysis : Re: Playing Crysis Server Time
9 Oct 2024 21:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Playing Crysis
From: Warp
Date: 9 Feb 2009 11:34:29
Message: <49905b15@news.povray.org>
Florian Pesth <fpe### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> There is no law in germany outlawing racism.

  Nor in Finland. De jure.

  In practice, however...

> >   I certainly detest some people's opinions (such as racism and nazism),
> > but they just have the right to have an opinion. If they start harming
> > other people, that's a completely different issue, but as long as they
> > are only opinions and don't bother others, that's their right.

> Do you think there is / was no harm done with propaganda?

  Unfortunately when you start limiting freedom of speech when someone
preaches "wrong" opinions, we are stepping outside of constitutional
democracy.

> >   However, in modern Europe it's more and more common to forbid certain
> > opinions (even if it's not still de jure, very certainly de facto).

> Your argument would hold more water if you could point to recent law
> changes which restrict your speech in new ways.

  Do you understand the concepts of "de jure" and "de facto"?

  Just because there's not (yet) written law doesn't mean that punishments
are not being imposed (usually by using some other convenient laws as an
excuse).

--
                                                          - Warp