POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? (Message 51 to 60 of 218)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
Date: 28 Jan 2009 03:01:46
Message: <498010ea@news.povray.org>
>>   IMO they should invest their resources on making better products rather
>> than trying to gain some 0.1% of market share by dubious means, which is
>> only negative PR for them and can cause a backlash. You don't get a
>> positive image of yourself by bashing your opponents. You do it by doing
>> a good job and offering high-quality products, and letting your products
>> speak for you.
>
> That isn't the way M$ does business. Typically they achieve market share
> by eliminating competition rather than producing quality products.
>
> Of course, if they *did* sit up and start making better products, that
> would be nice...

AIUI MS are trying to crush Linux by improving their products in areas where
they think Linux is better.  Nothing wrong with that, happens all the time
in every industry - it's just up to Linux to fight back just as hard by
improving their software in areas where they are currently behind MS (which
they have been doing).  It's just normal business behaviour between two
competitors.

Post a reply to this message