POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 28 Jan 2009 08:14:55
Message: <49805a4e@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Sorry, but that's obviously not true, maybe in online forums and chatrooms
> the geeks complain about MS, but in real life nobody cares, and that makes
> up for far more of the MS customer base.  Think about it, if *everyone*
> really hated MS so badly they would actively look for alternatives and MS
> would lose most of its market share, but it's not like that.

I read that people get used to things working badly, and I confirmed it with
my sister. I once watched through the process after she logged in, pointed
at the error popups that appeared, and she just indifferently said "oh yeah
that appears every time, I just close it". She didn't even like... *tell*
me so I can try to fix it.

Or the time I saw her very quickly click on all the FlashBlock placeholders
on a Flash-heavy page (it was clear she had done that a dozen times). She
didn't ever think there had to be an easier way (there is a domain
whitelist).