POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: nemesis
Date: 28 Jan 2009 10:07:27
Message: <498074af$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez escreveu:
> I read that people get used to things working badly, and I confirmed it with
> my sister. I once watched through the process after she logged in, pointed
> at the error popups that appeared, and she just indifferently said "oh yeah
> that appears every time, I just close it". She didn't even like... *tell*
> me so I can try to fix it.

Exactly.  People just take it for granted that such things are normal
behaviour associated with computers.  They don't think it could be any
different.  That's why so many people hate computers and would gladly
drop it if there was other way to watch videos, chat and browse the web.
  They think it's an issue with computers.

> Or the time I saw her very quickly click on all the FlashBlock placeholders
> on a Flash-heavy page (it was clear she had done that a dozen times). She
> didn't ever think there had to be an easier way (there is a domain
> whitelist).

FlashBlock?!  My sister won't even touch Firefox!  Anytime I'm at my
parent's and leave the computer for others to use -- it's a single
Windows passwordless session (because it's "easy") -- I leave Firefox
open with a clean new tab.  First thing she does is close Firefox and
click on the old blue e.  It's like dog conditioning, I guess, because
she seems to not even realize it's a web browser sitting just before her...