POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Really disturbing Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Really disturbing (Message 21 to 29 of 29)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Really disturbing
Date: 7 Jan 2009 11:56:37
Message: <4964dec5$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   I have not fully understood why, but conspiracy theories are extremely
> enticing, especially when properly presented.

>   Maybe this is something related to human psychology.

It surely *must* be. I don't know what specifically. (Confirmation bais?
Excitement? Elitism? Herd behaviour?) But it surely couldn't be this
popular otherwise. One person believing something silly could just be
delusional. But millions choosing to believe something silly? There must
be some deeper reason for why.

Of course, if you want to believe that the Lock Ness Monster is real,
that's fine by me. But when people are *dying* needlessly because of
some stupid conspiracy theory... this is "not fine". It's not fine at all!

Post a reply to this message