POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Really disturbing : Re: Really disturbing Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Really disturbing
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 7 Jan 2009 13:29:26
Message: <4964f486$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

http://www.badscience.net/2009/01/what-if-everything-you-thought-you-knew-about-aids-was-wrong/

> For reasons I can't entirely put my finger on, I find this whole thing
> really disturbing.
>
> Maybe I just find it upsetting that hundreds of scientists have spent
> thousands of man-years pouring research into this lethal disease to find
> out what causes it, but then some random person goes "hey, actually, I
> think really you're all wrong - I don't have any logic or evidence, I
> just believe this, for no particular reason". And now other people
> actually *believe* this nonesense. And people are dying because of it.

One blogger has studied the phenomena extensively and come up with a
deck of cards you can use when reading these things. When ever they make
some idiot argument, you just play the card that corresponds to the
tactic. lol First article in their list of cards is:

http://scienceblogs.com/denialism/2007/04/denialists_deck_of_cards_the_2.php

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {