POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Really disturbing : Re: Really disturbing Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Really disturbing
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 7 Jan 2009 12:39:22
Message: <4964e8ca@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> (For example, you show people photos from a pair of digital cameras.
> Most people prefer camera X, and a few prefer camera Y. Now you tell
> them that camera X is 5 megapixels, but camera Y is 10 megapixels.
> Suddenly everybody prefers the photos from camera Y. WTF??)
>
> I worry about the human race... Seriously, how did a species so stupid
> survive for so long?

	Don't confuse stupidity with the inability to be objective. And to be
fair, the latter is hard, and needs overt training. Besides, why the
belief that intelligence has much to do with survival?

	We're still quite ignorant about the human brain and psychology. When I
see stuff like:

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/dan_gilbert_asks_why_are_we_happy.html

	I realize that I'd be the stupid one to have pre-conceived assumptions
on what's normal behavior. Expecting people to be something other than
what the brain naturally provides, and not even being sure on what the
is natural for the brain, is ludicrous.

--
If you ate pasta and antipasta, would you still be hungry?

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl