POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Which would you buy? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Which would you buy? (Message 34 to 43 of 43)
From: St
Subject: Re: Which would you buy? - SpeedFan.jpg
Date: 9 Jan 2009 05:28:07
Message: <496726b7$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote in message
news:rtncm41foeamnnu001f15vmg59btr4sspn@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 14:38:33 -0000, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>
>>  It's not on the left like in the attached?
>
> Yes, it's not on the left like in the attached.

   How strange! You don't have anything there apart from those two temps and
CPU usage. Have you tried reinstalling it?

        ~Steve~

> --
>
> Regards
>     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Subject: Re: Which would you buy?
Date: 9 Jan 2009 06:13:10
Message: <49673146@news.povray.org>
> St. wrote:
>>      No, it's what suits me and what i'm used to, it hasn't changed for
>> nearly 10 years now.
>
> One of my bosses once was color blind. He used navy blue on neon pink, and
> forest green with a bright orange background. You could blind yourself
> just walking past his office.

     Yes, I've seen some websites like that. Why mention colour blindness
though? I'm colour blind, but I see blue just fine, and I see teal fine too,
(which is what my colour scheme is).

   Dark blue:
http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient&rls=GEUA,GEUA:2006-18,GEUA:en&q=dark%20blue&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

   Teal:
http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient&rls=GEUA,GEUA:2006-18,GEUA:en&q=teal%20colour&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

      ~Steve~

> It didn't help that one of the color guns was misaligned, so everything
> had a 2-pixel fringe around it he couldn't see.
>
> --
>   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
>   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?
>   There aren't any trees on Mars.

Post a reply to this message

>> Yes, it's not on the left like in the attached.
>
>   How strange! You don't have anything there apart from those two temps
> and CPU usage. Have you tried reinstalling it?

AIUI those apps have to work out from the specific motherboard and other
hardware where to read those temperatures and fan speeds from.  As all
motherboards can be different and there is no standard, it is possible the
application doesn't support all hardware.

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 10:27:43 -0000, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:

>"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 14:38:33 -0000, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>>
>>>  It's not on the left like in the attached?
>>
>> Yes, it's not on the left like in the attached.
>
>   How strange! You don't have anything there apart from those two temps and
>CPU usage. Have you tried reinstalling it?

I did upgrade last week. It is a Toshiba laptop I have it installed on and I
only really care about the core temperature. Although out of curiosity I'll find
another monitoring programme and see what it shows.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote in message
>>> Yes, it's not on the left like in the attached.
>>
>>   How strange! You don't have anything there apart from those two temps
>> and CPU usage. Have you tried reinstalling it?
>
> AIUI those apps have to work out from the specific motherboard and other
> hardware where to read those temperatures and fan speeds from.  As all
> motherboards can be different and there is no standard, it is possible the
> application doesn't support all hardware.

   Hmm, I just assumed that 'all' motherboards had these features (that can
be read) anyway.

    ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

> On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 10:27:43 -0000, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>

>>"Stephen" <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom> wrote in message

>>> Yes, it's not on the left like in the attached.
>>
>>   How strange! You don't have anything there apart from those two temps
>> and
>>CPU usage. Have you tried reinstalling it?
>>

> I did upgrade last week. It is a Toshiba laptop I have it installed on and
> only really care about the core temperature. Although out of curiosity
> I'll find
> another monitoring programme and see what it shows.

     Yes, that would be interesting to see.

       ~Steve~

> --
>
> Regards
>     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 12:27:26 -0000, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:

>> I did upgrade last week. It is a Toshiba laptop I have it installed on and
>> only really care about the core temperature. Although out of curiosity
>> I'll find
>> another monitoring programme and see what it shows.
>
>     Yes, that would be interesting to see.

Core Temp http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ showed values for both cores but I
could not find an application that would show me the fan speeds.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 12:27:26 -0000, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:

>>     Yes, that would be interesting to see.
>
> Core Temp http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ showed values for both cores but
> could not find an application that would show me the fan speeds.

     Hmm, you're not kidding, I drew a blank too.

      ~Steve~

> --
>
> Regards
>     Stephen