POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... (Message 30 to 39 of 49)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up...
Date: 4 Jan 2009 14:54:00
Message: <496113d8@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> [-- text/plain, encoding 8bit, charset: iso-8859-1, 25 lines --]

> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> > nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > Your definition is the Tanenbaum one, right?
> >
> >   I tried to google material about that, but I couldn't find anything
> > relevant. Do you know of any page about that subject? I would be interested
> > (if for nothing else, to be able to answer your question).

> Oh, please!  Andrew Tanenbaum!  You sure know the man!

  I didn't ask who Andrew Tanenbaum is.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Date: 4 Jan 2009 20:40:00
Message: <web.49616467cd9d1e75e44542980@news.povray.org>
> nemesis wrote:
> > and a memorable flamewar with Linus Torvalds in the beginning of Linux over bad
> > design choices:
>
> It's always fun to go back and read what influential people wrote a long
> time ago about the future of things that have lasted for a decade or two.

Indeed, it's fun to watch arguments about obsolete techs flying around with so
much positive vibe. :)

BTW, according to Tanenbaum in that very thread, MS-DOS is definitely an OS.  So
I guess Tanenbaum is definitely not the basis for Warp's OS definition...

Post a reply to this message