POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up...
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 5 Jan 2009 17:34:30
Message: <49628af6$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 10:10:29 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Xen is an OS

I don't know that I'd agree with that.  A hypervisor is a hardware
abstraction layer, messing about with the various memory rings in the
system in order to make the OS running within the hypervisor believe it's
running in Ring 0 when it's not in order to take advantage of memory
protection features in the hardware without tripping the native hardware
up when a child domain bombs out.

Jim