POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up...
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 5 Jan 2009 12:47:42
Message: <496247be$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

> By 1992, I didn't have a computer

I^HMy parents actually had one, but no internet connection. Nor any
other connection - IIRC my mom bought a modem for us somewhere around
1995. Anyway, me being 13 at the time didn't make me too much intrested
in coding.

> and was off playing a Super Nintendo. :)

I bought my SNES in 2008. 15 euros, containing 2 games. Much cheaper
than in 1992.

OTOH I also bought my Wii in 2008. ~400 euros, containing 2 "real"
games, Wii Play, 2 controllers and a loading station for 2 controllers.

> But it's such a memorable piece of Linux lore that I heard about it many and
> many times even when I first got into it by 2001...

It surely is. I can actually wonder how no-one has linked it for me
before...

-Aero