POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up...
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Jan 2009 21:36:57
Message: <49617249@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> BTW, according to Tanenbaum in that very thread, MS-DOS is definitely an OS.  So
> I guess Tanenbaum is definitely not the basis for Warp's OS definition...

Yeah, I was kind of curious what definition Warp was using, given that
Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia, the people who coined the term "operating
sytem", and the people who wrote MS-DOS, all seem to agree that MS-DOS would
be an operating system.

Of course, we all know what it does and doesn't do, so exactly what it's
called isn't very relevant, methinks.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?