POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... (Message 20 to 29 of 49)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up...
Date: 4 Jan 2009 01:08:43
Message: <4960526b$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> made multiuser DOS implementations that supported normal DOS
> applications, but used task switching methods to run them for multiple
> users.

I even programmed a version of CP/M that supported multiple Z-80 CPUs and
would run one "session" on each CPU, back in the first half of the '80s or
so. That was truly weird.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 4 Jan 2009 07:05:48
Message: <4960a61c@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
> Yeah. His definition would make Apple DOS and Prodos "not operating
> systems", because it was possible, in both, to talk directly to Apple
> hardware

  You don't even know what "my" definition is (which isn't mine, as I have
said several times). You just assume from what Darren seems to assume.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

> Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
> > Yeah. His definition would make Apple DOS and Prodos "not operating
> > systems", because it was possible, in both, to talk directly to Apple
> > hardware
>
>   You don't even know what "my" definition is (which isn't mine, as I have
> said several times). You just assume from what Darren seems to assume.

Your definition is the Tanenbaum one, right?

Post a reply to this message