POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up...
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Jan 2009 13:10:31
Message: <4960fb97$1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:
> And to make it even more unclear, you can run bunch of these "piles"
> simultaneously on that single physical machine. Just add virtualization
> layer, such as Xen/HyperV/ESX :).

That's kind of what I was thinking in terms of BIOS vs OS.  Xen is an OS,
because it can run multiple applications, even tho those applications are
OSes. A BIOS isn't an OS, even tho it runs an application that's an OS,
because it isn't helping share resources in any way.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?