POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Something fruity Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  Something fruity (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Invisible
Subject: Something fruity
Date: 16 Dec 2008 09:12:14
Message: <4947b73e$1@news.povray.org>
One of our new employees has a thing called a "Blackberry". I don't
fully comprehend what it's supposed to be, but apparently it's supposed
to be possible to read email using it. And I have been asked to
configure this.

My first question is: Oh my God, what the HELL?! Are you KIDDING me?!!
This thing is just *horrible* to operate. It took me, like, 25 minutes
to type in an 8-character username! Jesus, talk about unfriendly...

I thought the glide pad on laptops was useless. But this has something
far worse: a small ballbearing. It rotates, and this sometimes moves
stuff on screen. (But only if it feels like it.) You can also press on
it to "click" it - with the obvious and inevitable problem that doing
this causes the ball to rotate rather than depress, with extremely high
probability.

Next we come to the keyboard. What, you couldn't make the buttons any
smaller than that? :-P (Watching Mr Piggy Fingers attempt to operate it
was just comical.) I especially love the way the keyboard works
differently depending on which text field you're trying to operate.
Actually, on some of them it works kinda OK. But on others, it
absolutely *insists* on inserting unwanted extra characters, and even
*changing* characters that I've already typed in correctly. (Like I
said, 25 minutes to enter one username.)

Other nice features include input fields that are only wide enough to
display 3 characters at a time (to prevent you from checking whether you
typed everything in correctly), and the inability to move the pointer
far enough to the right to access the scrollbar.

Why in the name of goodness would any sane person want to use this
horrid, horrid device?! >_<

Post a reply to this message