POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Something fruity : Re: Something fruity Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Something fruity
From: scott
Date: 16 Dec 2008 09:45:15
Message: <4947befb@news.povray.org>
> One of our new employees has a thing called a "Blackberry". I don't fully
> comprehend what it's supposed to be, but apparently it's supposed to be
> possible to read email using it. And I have been asked to configure this.

Do you have the blackberry software to go with your exchange server?  I was
under the impression you can't just use this thing without the server end
being sorted out too.

> My first question is: Oh my God, what the HELL?! Are you KIDDING me?!!
> This thing is just *horrible* to operate. It took me, like, 25 minutes to
> type in an 8-character username! Jesus, talk about unfriendly...

Hmm, everyone I've seen using them seems to manage ok.  I don't think they
are meant to replace laptops, they are just for reading email and sending
short replies when you can't get access to WiFi or don't want to use your
laptop.  Actually in a couple of situations I'd wished I had a similar
device, would have saved a lot of time and money.