POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Something fruity : Re: Something fruity Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Something fruity
From: Invisible
Date: 16 Dec 2008 09:49:22
Message: <4947bff2$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Do you have the blackberry software to go with your exchange server?  I
> was under the impression you can't just use this thing without the
> server end being sorted out too.

Apparently it can connect to Outlook Web Access (which we have). Several
other employees have it working, so it's gotta be possible somehow...

>> My first question is: Oh my God, what the HELL?! Are you KIDDING me?!!
>> This thing is just *horrible* to operate. It took me, like, 25 minutes
>> to type in an 8-character username! Jesus, talk about unfriendly...
>
> Hmm, everyone I've seen using them seems to manage ok.  I don't think
> they are meant to replace laptops, they are just for reading email and
> sending short replies when you can't get access to WiFi or don't want to
> use your laptop.  Actually in a couple of situations I'd wished I had a
> similar device, would have saved a lot of time and money.

"Short" replies?

Hmm... extrapolating from my "8 characters in 25 minutes", a reply
consisting of, say, a whole sentence could be something like 10 words
long, each word probably 2--6 letters, making a total of about 32
characters or so, which would take... over an hour to type.

Still, every now and then somebody from IT sends me a quick email that
doesn't make sense, and I reply, and they're all like "damned iPhone
keyboards!"