POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shopping for TVs Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Shopping for TVs (Message 186 to 195 of 205)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Shopping for TVs
Date: 4 Dec 2008 03:59:25
Message: <49379bed$1@news.povray.org>
> There seems little point in sharpening a blade unless it's actually going
> to *stay* sharp for a reasonable period of time.

I sharpen my big kitchen knife about once every month, it surprising how you
don't notice it going blunt gradually, but then after sharpening it boy is
it nice to use :-)  I hate going to my mum's house and trying to use her
knives, you need to apply about 10x as much force to cut!

The only disadvantage with a really sharp knife is that you don't even
notice when you've cut yourself "oh, why is this potato red inside?" :-)

Post a reply to this message