POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Haskell Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:09:39 EDT (-0400)
  Haskell (Message 51 to 60 of 106)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Haskell
Date: 14 Dec 2008 11:32:02
Message: <h6dak451gcu9smlciqt29sffc01vleapaj@4ax.com>
On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 10:55:32 -0400, Saul Luizaga <sau### [at] netscapenet> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>> On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 21:25:44 -0400, Saul Luizaga <sau### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
>>
>>> Once u understand how short can sentences be just by adding "u" instead
>>> of "you" and other abbreviations u read faster and u write faster BUT
>>> NO, u can't simply make a small mental effort and take it as an internet
>>> slang and  get use to it, if not imitate it... is all the same, our
>>> newsgroup, our way, or the highway... fine, so be it. Bye.
>>
>> To a native English speaker it makes you sound juvenile or ignorant. Also other
>> people do not read your text faster.
>> Hrd 2 rd
>"It's just another form of the Queen's English - not better, not worse,"

LOL now you sound only juvenile.
Do you know what the "queen's English" means, nowadays?

>Once u get use to it u read a lot faster, but here most ppl presume of
>making intellectual milestones writing or discovering intellectual
>interesting stuff and mostly as a show-off of their mental capacity but
>a small challenge and bam! oh is too hard... OK...

BTW "u" is Dutch and ppl means Private Pilot License or Preferred Parts List
amongst other things.

I will most humbly take my leave of you. You cannot, sir, take from me anything
that I will not more willingly part withal.
(Kings English)
--

Regards
     Stephen