POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Haskell : Re: Haskell Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Haskell
From: andrel
Date: 14 Dec 2008 14:14:33
Message: <49455B77.1040705@hotmail.com>
On 14-Dec-08 18:27, Stephen wrote:

> Now as someone who has battled with dyslexia I find it insulting to be spoken to
> like that. Also on an international newsgroup it is only polite to write in a
> way that you can be understood.

I can see your point, but the group is not only international, it is
also intercultural. You'd be amazed what is considered normal spelling
in some subcultures. Indeed we have had worse examples of 1337 here. If
I were you I would not bother too much. Kids will always want to show
that they are part of some interesting cultural development. I did it
when I was young, you probably did it too, though in our cases it was
not language that was the victim. It'll rub off when they get older
generally (or it becomes standard spelling).