POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Be very very quiet Server Time
10 Sep 2024 07:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Be very very quiet (Message 421 to 430 of 618)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Be very very quiet
Date: 20 Feb 2009 17:41:46
Message: <499f31aa@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 22:09:19 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 20 Feb 2009 12:03:15 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 07:14:50 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>>> So I see by your posting time.
>>
>>And that was actually an early night for me.  :-)  But when the boss is
>>in town, it makes sense to "be seen", which means 90 minutes driving
>>(round-trip).  At least I don't have to do it in NYC traffic. :-)
>>

> Too true, or 90 minutes in central London.

Yeah, based on my experience walking in central London, that's what,
about 3 blocks? ;-)

>>> Widdershins on the circle to South Kensington.
>>
>>Ah, well, very clearly then my next move should be Hounslow West.
>>
> Your obviously either lost or want to go home :)
>
> Heathrow Terminal 5

Well, if there's a place where both could be done, LHR Terminal 5 would
be it.  But I want to keep my bags!

Gatwick is the next logical stop, then.  Or possibly Stansted.  I'll take
the latter. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On 20 Feb 2009 17:41:46 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>> Too true, or 90 minutes in central London.
>
>Yeah, based on my experience walking in central London, that's what,
>about 3 blocks? ;-)

:) Walking in central London can be quicker than using overground transport. If you
stay off the main roads. Our blocks are smaller than your about 150 yards or less.
When I was last in the states I could not believe the size of the blocks, but
then land is cheap. ;)

>>>Ah, well, very clearly then my next move should be Hounslow West.
>>>
>> Your obviously either lost or want to go home :)
>>
>> Heathrow Terminal 5
>
>Well, if there's a place where both could be done, LHR Terminal 5 would
>be it.  But I want to keep my bags!
>
>Gatwick is the next logical stop, then.  Or possibly Stansted.  I'll take
>the latter. :-)

Since it is the weekend let's divert and go to the "The Lost Gardens of Heligan"

http://www.mevagissey.net/heligan.htm
--

Regards
     Stephen