POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Be very very quiet : Re: Be very very quiet Server Time
10 Sep 2024 09:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Be very very quiet
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 21 Feb 2009 12:40:49
Message: <49a03ca1$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 11:37:12 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 20 Feb 2009 17:41:46 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>
>>> Too true, or 90 minutes in central London.
>>
>>Yeah, based on my experience walking in central London, that's what,
>>about 3 blocks? ;-)
>>

> :) Walking in central London can be quicker than using overground
> transport. If you stay off the main roads. Our blocks are smaller than
> your about 150 yards or less. When I was last in the states I could not
> believe the size of the blocks, but then land is cheap. ;)

Heh, you should see the size of the blocks here in Salt Lake City - much
larger than in most cities, especially in the central part of the city.

>>> Your obviously either lost or want to go home :)
>>>
>>> Heathrow Terminal 5
>>
>>Well, if there's a place where both could be done, LHR Terminal 5 would
>>be it.  But I want to keep my bags!
>>
>>Gatwick is the next logical stop, then.  Or possibly Stansted.  I'll
>>take the latter. :-)
>
> Since it is the weekend let's divert and go to the "The Lost Gardens of
> Heligan"
>
> http://www.mevagissey.net/heligan.htm

Nice; it looks vaguely like the David Austin gardens we visited (but
obviously very different), might have to add that to our itinerary on our
next trip.

Along with Kew Gardens, which will be my next move.  My wife and stepson
tried to take the train there last time we were there, but there was a
problem that kept the train from Amersham from getting into town.

I think the best we saw, though, were the gardens at Hill House.  It was
a nice, slightly rainy day when we were there.

Jim