POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Filtering - don't bank on it... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Filtering - don't bank on it... (Message 5 to 14 of 24)
<<< Previous 4 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Filtering - don't bank on it...
Date: 4 Nov 2008 12:35:01
Message: <web.49108721f3d32ffd6117f2130@news.povray.org>
> Remember when "don't bank on it" actually meant something? :-)

LOL

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 4 Nov 2008 14:13:57
Message: <49109ef5$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Sorry for quoting the entire long post, but I find it rather amusing
> that this amount of text doesn't really tell exactly *what* you are doing.

I want to split a sound signal into several frequency bands.

Actually, technically I *have* split a sound signal into several
frequency bands... but not in a very useful way. In particular, the
lowest frequency band still contains large amounts of high frequencies.

It's really frustrating to have worked this long on something and not
got very far. I should probably go read a book or something...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Would it be wrong to reply "4 * 10^2 + 2 * 10^2"? ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> Would it be wrong to reply "4 * 10^2 + 2 * 10^2"? ;-)

Yes... yes it would... PWN3D! >_<

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> >   Sorry for quoting the entire long post, but I find it rather amusing
> > that this amount of text doesn't really tell exactly *what* you are doing.

> I want to split a sound signal into several frequency bands.

  Why?

  (Btw, did you know that even if a sound signal has only one single
frequency, a discrete fourier transform is usually completely unable
to find that single frequency, and instead will find a large (potentially
infinite) amount of frequencies around that real frequency?)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message