POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The pulse Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  The pulse (Message 24 to 33 of 43)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: The pulse
Date: 4 Nov 2008 16:56:56
Message: <4910c528@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

>>> Groan!
>>
>> I couldn't help myself. :-)  Or rather, I could, if there was a container
>> in the fridge.
>
> Ignorance is bliss...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cole's_Law

I didn't know it either. Now Cole's Law on the "Murphy's Law and other
reasons why things go wrong" book makes sense.

"Cole's Law: Thinly sliced cabbage."

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 4 Nov 2008 17:17:31
Message: <4910c9fb$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> theater with the names of famous physicist in friezes (if that is the

Reminds me of one of the first places I worked: Institute for Scientific
Information.  (Sort of a Google of the CP/M era.)  Founded by Eugene
Garfield.

Walking up the stairway, there was a moasic portrait of Aristotle on the
first floor, Newton on the second floor, Einstein on the third floor,
and Garfield on the fourth floor. Cripes. :-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)

Post a reply to this message