POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My colour is blue Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:23:56 EDT (-0400)
  My colour is blue (Message 17 to 26 of 26)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: My colour is blue
Date: 3 Nov 2008 09:39:37
Message: <490f0d29@news.povray.org>
>> Indeed. But looking at the Official rules... well let me put it this
>> way. If you need to actually include a flowchart just to explain what
>> the rules are, the rules are too complicated. :-P
>
> Why do you think I don't play? (other than the cost of all the cards)

Hahaha! Riiight...

(Wait - so you're saying if the rules were simpler, you *would* be
playing it?)

>> (Also... how do you know it's still getting new additions? Oh, wait,
>> it's Gail. Heh. OK, I rephrase: how would anybody else know that?)
>
> It's kinda like asking if you would know when a new edition of Haskall
> is released.

Actually, that's not a bad analogy.

When the next revision of the Haskell language standard is released (due
to be next year or so), *nobody* except me will actually know [or care]
about it. :-(

>> BTW, I attempted to visit the official site shortly after this thread
>> began. But I figured I'd have to cast some kind of time-travel spell
>> to get to the part where the site finishes loading. Jesus it was slow!
>> o_O
>
> Yeah. Wizards is pretty good at games, terrible at websites and web apps.

Heh. This is apparently quite common... I've seen no end of websites for
pipe organ builders. Some of these firms have been in business for
centuries - yet their websites look like something from the Web 0.5 era.

> You're lucky it loads at all. I keep getting errors. It worked a lot
> better (faster, more reliable) before they decided to move the entire
> site to flash.

Yeah, I'll bet!

I don't get any errors, it just loads very slowly. OTOH, there seems to
be something strange going on with my home PC... I don't know if it's my
actual Internet connection or just my copy of Firefox, but I'm noticing
multiple websites being extremely slow lately...

Post a reply to this message