POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My colour is blue : Re: My colour is blue Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My colour is blue
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 3 Nov 2008 22:26:57
Message: <490fc101$1@news.povray.org>
Gail wrote:

> "Patrick Elliott" <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote in message
>>
>> Think they got something wrong there.. In my experience, people that
>> value knowledge and logic ***despise*** deceit, its the insane people
>> that value wishful thinking and *belief* that use deceit all the time
>> to not just lie about everyone that doesn't think like they do, but
>> prop up the beliefs, so they can pretend that "wishing" does something
>> for anybody.
>
> It's got nothing to do with people. It's talking about colours of magic
> for a card game and the traits those colour embody.
>
> White is order, righteousness, healing, law, community.
> Green is life, nature, evolution, interdependence.
> Blue is intellect, reason, illusion, trickery, dreams
> Red is chaos, destruction, passion, fury, freedom
> Black is death, power, ambition, greed, corruption.

Yeah. Figure that out later. But.. its damn near the **exact** argument
that the GOP uses to disparage every idea, person or social concept they
don't like recently. Its, "Oh, you are an elitist (knowledgable)
materialist (logic oriented), so... by definition you must lie all the
time!" Its just funny that this is expressed so succinctly in a
fictional game, given how common place the association has become IRL.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();