POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My colour is blue : Re: My colour is blue Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:39:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My colour is blue
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 3 Nov 2008 22:34:57
Message: <490fc2e1$1@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>

>> Then again, this is damn near the modern American standard for
>> "immoral". If you value knowledge, instead of wallowing in
>> ignorance, you use logic, instead of tradition, then you are
>> a) immoral, b) probably an atheist, c) liberal, d) elitist, and
>> e) Anti-American.
>
> Would that be 'l'ogic or 'L'ogic? The big L version as I have seen it
> applied is 95% moral equivalency, so most of those would apply.

If you don't think that anyone making such claims doesn't apply moral
equivalences, then you are not paying attention. Seriously, they have
to. The only way they can manage to remain sane, and still claim that
their belief system guides their morals, instead of their
"interpretation" of the belief system being based on their morals, is by
  spinning like a bloody top.

Most of what gets called "moral equivalence" is people honestly trying
to work out what is right and wrong, based on how it effects others, and
not based on the backwards method of deciding that X must be true,
therefor it **must** have Y effect, even without evidence, and
therefore, somehow, belief Z must **say so** some place, then spending a
lot of time turning the "l" logic into a pretzel, along with their
mythologies, looking for some way to justify that conclusion. I have yet
to find any "honest" person on that side of things that can "prove"
their moral code, without, when pressed, resorting to repeating
assertions, or admitting that it was either **purely** what they where
a) taught to believe, or b) they fell should be true. Its A = B, so B =
A, where A in fruit, and B is an orange, but since their conclusion
"demands" that all fruit be oranges, they simply "assert" this to be
true, then stare in confusion at you when you dare to point out that no
such correlation has been proven.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {