POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 Server Time
10 Oct 2024 18:28:21 EDT (-0400)
  Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 (Message 101 to 110 of 189)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40
Date: 2 Nov 2008 13:32:27
Message: <490df23a@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Yeah, I've read a few stories about the newest Ubuntu (8.10 IIRC)
> delivery that state that the benchmarks are slower than the previous
> version.

OTOH, I read about a developer who quit contributing to the Linux kernel
because he was tired about devs caring about companies saying
$BULLSHT_BENCHMARK now gives lower results, instead of caring about the
desktop becoming faster for users. (it was about lowering latency and
improving the process scheduler, which would give better speed to the
desktop)

Post a reply to this message