POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 : Re: Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Nov 2008 10:36:29
Message: <490f1a7d$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

>> Nope.  Every damn time you open the same program...

That would be "once per process", where "process" is used in the
technical sense there.

> Well, that's what I meant.  I had situations where it asked me two and
> three times about specific things the program wanted to do (like VNC).

I'll be installing VNC, so I'll see. Of course, if you know it's going
to do this, you can start it with rights in the first place, but that
doesn't help the first times you run it. I'm still working on getting
everything set up the way I want it, so I haven't gotten very far in the
process of being annoyed by Vista yet ;-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)