POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 : Re: Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Nov 2008 12:37:44
Message: <490f36e8$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Eventually went and got a keyboard and monitor and plugged in - Vista had
> reverted *every* *damned* *change* *I* *made*.

Weird. I've occasionally had it happen where it "couldn't load my
profile" when I remote loggined, leaving me with everything as if I was
logging in for the first time. But logging out and logging back in
always fixed that. I figured a temporary timing failure somewhere.

> HP very *helpfully* requires that you use the actual OS the drivers are written for
in order
> to extract them.

The abusiveness of HP's "rescue disks" are one of the many reasons I no
longer will buy any HP machine. :-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)