POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 : Re: Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 Server Time
10 Oct 2024 19:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40
From: nemesis
Date: 3 Nov 2008 11:56:55
Message: <490f2d57$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New escreveu:
>> What really annoys me the most is that I'm quite sure I turned the
>> damned UAC feature off...
>
> I believe you. I don't have a whole lot of experience with it yet. I
> just have to say it hasn't annoyed *me* yet, except for the broken
> software crap that came with the computer.

Hmm, odd.  I'm seeing html sources on IE7 with notepad just now without
problems or questions.  I took a look at my UAC, and it was ON!  It's
more schizophrenic than I thought!  It's now faking to be a fine OS... :P

Ok, once I installed Firefox, I haven't used IE in a while.  I only
really used it in the first few days post migration.  Perhaps SP1 did
improve things a bit, I guess...

Our memory can betray us sometimes.  :P