POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Metric redux Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:10:43 EDT (-0400)
  Metric redux (Message 31 to 40 of 120)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Metric redux
Date: 14 Oct 2008 15:08:23
Message: <ggr9f4le7317k0dgv92kodesk2l4058iif@4ax.com>
On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 11:37:00 -0700, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:

>Does anyone really say "klick" for kilometers? "Three klicks down the
>road" I've read in fiction books, but never heard outside of that.

In Australia I've heard people sat Kays as in 8 Kays down the road
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 14 Oct 2008 15:17:33
Message: <48f4f04d@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> My best estimate is that by cutting a meter in thirds would give three
> pieces of about 33.2 cm. I might be missing the point, however.

That 100 cm doesn't divide evenly by threes? And if you made something
in multiple of 40 cm, and you had 100cm boards, you'd be wasting large
amounts of wood?

Just saying what I read in an interview with carpenters in places they
use metric: They still use metric, but they don't buy wood in multiples
of meters, because you can't chop it into anything but halves and fifths.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)

Post a reply to this message