POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Metric redux : Re: Metric redux Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:24:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metric redux
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Oct 2008 16:51:23
Message: <48f5064b$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> Whereas if you made something in multiples of 32 you'd be wasting a lot
> when using 120cm. So your point is that as soon as men defines a measure
> only small integers and powers of 10 times that unit are allowed?

Um, no. My point is that 12 has many more divisors than 10 does. Why
would you have multiples of 32 of something?

> I don't think that supports your point.

You seem to think it's I who is arguing with you. I'm just relating what
I read, in an interview with some carpenters. Whether you think it's
logical or not is your call.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)