POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Metric redux : Re: Metric redux Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:22:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metric redux
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Oct 2008 15:17:33
Message: <48f4f04d@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> My best estimate is that by cutting a meter in thirds would give three
> pieces of about 33.2 cm. I might be missing the point, however.

That 100 cm doesn't divide evenly by threes? And if you made something
in multiple of 40 cm, and you had 100cm boards, you'd be wasting large
amounts of wood?

Just saying what I read in an interview with carpenters in places they
use metric: They still use metric, but they don't buy wood in multiples
of meters, because you can't chop it into anything but halves and fifths.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)