POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : [Plug] It's finally here! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  [Plug] It's finally here! (Message 6 to 15 of 15)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: [Plug] It's finally here!
Date: 10 Oct 2008 10:55:31
Message: <48ef6ce3$1@news.povray.org>
IMO, one of the hardest things about teaching Haskell is figuring out
which order to explain things in. The "things" are all very simple, but
each "thing" is related to half a dozen other "things" in such a way
that it's very awkward to figure out exactly where to start.

Chapter 1 began well, but Chapter 2 seems to be getting a bit lost. They
give an example of how to use if/then/else, but it's a recursive
example, so then they start on this tangent explaining about recursion,
but in the middle they throw in strict vs lazy evaluation orders and
start talking about thunks... woah, woah! Slow down there! One concept
at a time, people. o_O

Post a reply to this message