POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : [Plug] It's finally here! : Re: [Plug] It's finally here! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Plug] It's finally here!
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Oct 2008 10:37:18
Message: <48f8a31e$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> This book gets stranger and stranger.
>
> It explains how to work the compiler in the middle of a lesson on
> writing a simple library. It goes through a lengthy explanation of how
> to manually invoke all the compilation states, rather than using the
> trivially easy automated compilation system. And it generally seems to
> be introducing concepts here, there and everywhere in no coherant order.

Impressive. It spends a whole chapter showing you how to develop a
library, how to compile it the hard way, and how to construct a Cabal
package from it - but it *doesn't* mention how to upload this package
onto Hackage, the central Haskell online package database. What's some
omission, eh? (I mean, *why* would you bother to package something for
distribution other than to distribute it??)

It also fails to mention the easy compilation method anywhere. Genius.