POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : [Plug] It's finally here! : Re: [Plug] It's finally here! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Plug] It's finally here!
From: Invisible
Date: 17 Oct 2008 07:14:13
Message: <48f87385$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> http://book.realworldhaskell.org/

This book gets stranger and stranger.

It explains how to work the compiler in the middle of a lesson on
writing a simple library. It goes through a lengthy explanation of how
to manually invoke all the compilation states, rather than using the
trivially easy automated compilation system. And it generally seems to
be introducing concepts here, there and everywhere in no coherant order.

Most puzzling. I was hoping for better than this...

[I'm still hoping the chapters on "practical stuff" might actually tell
me something I don't already know - like, for example, how to make
useful libraries actually compile on Windoze...]