POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : This is why Windows doesn't need a package manager Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  This is why Windows doesn't need a package manager (Message 1 to 10 of 51)
From: Darren New
Subject: This is why Windows doesn't need a package manager
Date: 17 Aug 2008 18:21:13
Message: <48a8a459$1@news.povray.org>
http://blog.angulosolido.pt/2008/08/firefox-3-gtk-210-horror-show-open.html

And this is the sort of thing that RPMs don't do for you that the
Singularity thing does (and more):

http://www.linux.com/feature/144170

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 17 Aug 2008 19:28:15
Message: <48a8b40d@news.povray.org>
> http://blog.angulosolido.pt/2008/08/firefox-3-gtk-210-horror-show-open.html

  First you write the subject "this is why Windows doesn't need a package
manager" and then you present your argument: One piece of software which
requires a certain version of KDE or newer.

  The connection is so horribly inconsequencial, twisted and intentionally
provocative that I'm not going to even bother with it. What you wrote was,
in common internet parlance, pure trolling.

  For a time I seriously thought you finally were above such lowly trolling,
but seemingly I was wrong.

> And this is the sort of thing that RPMs don't do for you that the
> Singularity thing does (and more):

> http://www.linux.com/feature/144170

  Uh? Maybe you mispasted a link or something? I really can't see the
connection.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message