POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : email scam Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:09:27 EDT (-0400)
  email scam (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: email scam
Date: 11 Aug 2008 07:16:01
Message: <48a01f71@news.povray.org>
Most who read these groups are quick enough to spot an email scam. I'm just
passing this on just in case you know someone who might be trusting enough
to fall for it.

email appears to be from Midwest Airlines until you notice the spoofed
address in the header .... it says your credit card has been charged and a
zip file is attached called eticket.zip

anyway just to be on the safe side I had a look at my credit card balance
online ... no unusual activity. I called MidWest and they ask me to forward
the message to them.

So heads up!

Jim

Post a reply to this message

Jim Holsenback <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Most who read these groups are quick enough to spot an email scam. I'm just
> passing this on just in case you know someone who might be trusting enough
> to fall for it.

> email appears to be from Midwest Airlines until you notice the spoofed
> address in the header .... it says your credit card has been charged and a
> zip file is attached called eticket.zip

> anyway just to be on the safe side I had a look at my credit card balance
> online ... no unusual activity. I called MidWest and they ask me to forward
> the message to them.

> So heads up!

  No offense, but if I made a post here every time I receive a spam email
pretending to be something else and with an attached file (zip, exe or
whatever), these posts would outnumber the other posts here 10:1.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message