POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : email scam : email scam Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  email scam
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 11 Aug 2008 07:16:01
Message: <48a01f71@news.povray.org>
Most who read these groups are quick enough to spot an email scam. I'm just
passing this on just in case you know someone who might be trusting enough
to fall for it.

email appears to be from Midwest Airlines until you notice the spoofed
address in the header .... it says your credit card has been charged and a
zip file is attached called eticket.zip

anyway just to be on the safe side I had a look at my credit card balance
online ... no unusual activity. I called MidWest and they ask me to forward
the message to them.

So heads up!

Jim