POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : email scam : Re: email scam Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: email scam
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 11 Aug 2008 12:21:59
Message: <48a06727@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   No offense, but if I made a post here every time I receive a spam email
> pretending to be something else and with an attached file (zip, exe or
> whatever), these posts would outnumber the other posts here 10:1.

You might successfully drown out certain members' "blog" style posts at
that point ;)

FWIW, it doesn't sound like a scam, but rather an old virus in new
clothes making the rounds.

Ok, everyone repeat after me: Do not execute code that comes from
strangers. Remember when your parents told you as a kid not to take
candy from strangers ...? Same thing. :)